To our patients: We missed you! You may have seen the COVID-19 update that we posted last month. We are happy to say that, as of May 29,2020, we are allowed to be open again and provide the quality dental services our Grand Rapids community needs. If you have been waiting to have a cavity filled or have a routine cleaning done, call us. We will be glad to schedule you for an appointment at our office.
During the lockdown, we were providing dental care on an emergency basis and we were also making the preparations needed to protect our patients when we did open again. As a result we have implemented some strategies that temporarily change your experience but will enhance patient safety and control infection. These include:
- Additional cleaning of our entire office before, during, and after business hours
- Screening patients and staff before they enter the office
- Adding distancing measures to our waiting room and allowing patients to wait for their appointments in their cars
- Limiting who can be in the treatment rooms to patients only
- Installing air purification systems in all of our treatment rooms
- Installing isolation systems to be used as necessary
- Providing our stuff with additional personal protective equipment (PPE) and training them in its use
- Implementing a new system of treatment that minimizes contact between people in the office
While the above measures may make your experience in our office somewhat different, we hope that you will understand that we are going above and beyond in order to keep our patients and staff safe and provide peace of mind. Some patients may be hesitant to go to the dentist because they are afraid of increasing their risk. We are taking our time with our patients in order to make them feel comfortable and explain what our procedures are so there isn’t any confusion.
We know that during the lockdown some of our patients have had dental problems that did not fall under the emergency care category but were still uncomfortable or unpleasant. We are ready to help correct those issues now so you can go back to living your life without pain or discomfort. Please call our office to schedule your appointment. If you had a routine cleaning or an appointment scheduled before the lockdown happened and have questions now that we are open, please call our office. We will be happy to answer them.
In the meantime, whether you’re waiting for your appointment or holding off until you feel more comfortable, please take care of your oral health by brushing, flossing regularly, using a good toothbrush, and taking care of your general health. We know how poor oral health can impact general health, so take the time to take care of yourselves and your teeth. It’s worth it!